Tuesday, December 11, 2012

As the End Approaches

Today was the beginning of my inevitable sadness...

...as the reality hit me that in a few days I'm not only returning home, which I am absolutely thrilled to be doing, but I'm also leaving London and this incredible experience behind. 
An experience that has truly changed my life for the better. 

It's a sad reality, but life must move on and the next chapter must start.  One I am buzzing to start.

The reality of this remarkable journey I've been on for the past few months hit me quite hard today as I start beginning to face its end.


And it produced a single tear. 

One I'm sure will not be the last.  
A sadness of this kind is inevitable after experiencing something so great in one's life.  One must eventually face the changes to come. 

But I did not mind the tear one bit, for it encapsulated so much.
It was my way of paying homage.
It was a tear of joy, fear, remembrance, excitement, sadness, anticipation, and the impression London has made on my soul.  The places.  The people.  The journey.    

Thank you London. For everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment