Monday, August 20, 2012

London is Calling

A door opens
across the sea
It has me wondering
who I could be

I take the leap
and step inside
And there's no room 
to try and hide

A whole new journey
I'm about to start
It tosses my stomach
and flutters my heart

The great unknown
is what awaits
As time counts down
to my departure date

I feel as prepared
as I can be
But there's no preparing
to meet the new me

My body's excited
for this new change of scene
My heart can't wait
to see what "life-changing" can mean

My mind is anxious
to be tested and tried
While my soul is yearning
to travel far and wide

Life has prepared me
for this overwhelming trip
Independence and curiosity
have me well-equipped

I say my goodbyes
to the comforts of home
Throwing caution to the wind
because I'm ready to roam

I look forward to the future
and eagerly say hello
Knowing these next few months
provide an opportune time to grow

I shut the door behind me
to what I currently know
For London is calling me
and there I must go.






2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I just accessed this as I'm still in my Old Forge Libray office. You will have a marvelous time exploring, questionning and finding a few answers and maybe more questions.

    I love to travel and have found something new about the world, other people and myself along the way.

    Take care and stay safe. Keep me in the loop.
    Love,
    Miss Pat (now to you simply Pat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...such and exciting time..loved the poem by the way....I will be praying for you as you embark on this amazing chapter of your life..that the Lord will guide you in all you do...
    In His love,
    Nicole Csemez

    ReplyDelete