Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Celebrations Galore

So one week later, I am finally getting around to uploading my birthday photos to the blog.  It was a fantastic weekend full of celebration and certainly a birthday I will always remember.  The big 2-1 was justly served.  I mean, I was in London!  How much better could it get?

My birthday was on Monday officially, but I decided to make an entire weekend of it!  It really was spectacular.  I felt like my birthday was one big holiday weekend and I was really able to revel in the fact that I was turning 21 - which, as I mentioned in a previous posting, really feels like a major step into adulthood.  After all, it is closer to 25, which happens to be closer to 30.  Woof!  That's crazy.  But I won't get ahead of myself.  Onto being 21:

Birthday drink after an incredibly stressful midterms week! Mango Margarita = one happy girl :) 

Delicious Mexican food at Cantina Laredo in Leicester Square

My lovely friends who came out to celebrate with me Friday night

Hanging out at the University of London Union bar after dinner

Getting ready to go out with another group of wonderful friends on Saturday night.  Zach creepin' in the girls photo.

Pretty ladies.  Neveada, Kristen, Me, and Madeline (creeping in the photo).

Both Friday and Saturday were a blast.  I really have met some wonderful people here and all were so excited to be celebrating my 21st birthday with me.  They certainly made me feel quite special :)

On Sunday, I recovered and relaxed in my room, also managing to get some homework done so that I wouldn't have to do any work on my actual birthday.  I also went to the evening Hillsong London service which was wonderful, as it always is.

Monday, as you may remember, I don't have classes (until the mandatory lecture in the evening).  So I decided to get out into London and cross something off my London check-list.  I chose to wander around Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens, and I couldn't have made a better decision.

It was a beautiful fall day with perfect weather and lots of colors.  I was able to wander aimlessly around the park, take photos, journal, admire God's creations, and think about the wonderful 21 years of life that God has given me thus far.  Here are some photos of what I came across:

Rose Garden




Lots and lots of plants.  It was so thrilling!


Tree alcove

Inside it

Doorway

There's a bird there.  Can you see it?  It startled me too!  Who would've thunk it, in the middle of the park?

Gotta love the fall.

This is what happens when you wander around by yourself: awkward selfies.

So many birds!  Different kinds and colors.  And yes I was taking pictures of the little boys running through them trying to get them to fly.  They were very successful.


Colors colors colors!




Peter Pan statue

The boy who never wanted to grow up next to the girl who embraces growing up.  This statue sparked inspiration for a poem, which is on its way.  Still in developmental stages ;)

Italian Gardens

Wildlife everywhere.  This squirrel wanted to pose for the camera.

The park bench where I sat and journaled/prayed for a bit.

Hello again.

Pigeons are really pretty - even though they can be annoying.

Can't get enough of those fall leaves.


So much open space.

More awkward selfies of the beyond joyful birthday girl!


This girl is TWENTY-ONE!!!!!

Stepping on leaves
Hearing them crunch



Oh hi there America.  How've you been?



Then I stopped at a cafe for lunch.  Tomato, mozzarella, basil panini.

If you didn't know, I LOVE CUPCAKES!!!  So the night before I researched "best cupcakes in London" on google and this is what came up:




Luckily they had a store right outside of Hyde Park.  How perfect :)


Birthday cupcakes :)  Red Velvet and Double Decker

Scrumptious afternoon tea with some friends at Patisserie Valerie.

Cheers!

After class I met up with Joanna and Brigid because they were both out of town that weekend for the celebration.  We met at one of my favorite pubs and had a pint of their special cider while we discussed each of our fantabulous weekend adventures.

It was the perfect weekend.  I did everything I had wanted to do and got to celebrate with all of my friends.

I am one lucky, blessed, and grateful girl.  Thank you to all who've made my life so incredible!  To God be the glory!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment